We decided it was important to put together a Music Festival Directory for each state. That’s right, we want to provide you with a directory of all the best music festivals near you. Each state across the USA has a variety of different music festivals or events worth mentioning. We’ll go state by state and share some of the biggest ones, as well as some of the smaller events. We’ll give a brief description of some and provide you with a way to get tickets to the event. Once or twice a year you me ask yourself, “I wonder which music festivals are near me?”, well, we have some answers.
Here is what to expect when searching for Music Festivals Near You (Expectations)
- Music Festival Locations
- Upcoming Music Festival Dates
- The Best Musical Festivals Coming to Your Area
- Past and Present Music Festival Lineups or Performers
- FYI – Tickets May Not Show or Be Available Yet.
- Some Festivals May Not Exist or are Canceled.
Something to keep in mind, not all states have festivals like Lollapalooza or Coachella. In the listings, you may find Jazz Fests, Film Fests, Wine Fests, and much more. It’s important to know that while we list scores of different festivals, some may cease to exist. Each year new festivals come onto the scene while others disappear. If you would like us to add a festival please use our contact page to see how you can get it listed. Let’s get into all of the music festivals near you.
Top 10 Music Festivals For Each of the 50 States
The state of Alabama knows how to jam out. They have several different styles of music festivals going on each year. Here are the Top 10 Alabama Music Festivals near you.
- Hangout Music Festival (Gulf Shores) – More than likely the biggest music festival in the state, the Hangout Music Festival has been active since 2010.
- Major acts have passed through including Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Twenty-One Pilots, Travis Scott, The Avett Brothers, The Weeknd, and so many more.
- Sloss Music & Arts Festival (Birmingham)
- Magic City Art Connection (Birmingham)
- Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic and Music Festival (Decatur)
- The W.C. Handy Music Festival (Florence) – Read about it here.
- Arts Alive Festival (Huntsville)
- The Whistle Stop Festival (Irondale)
- The Kentuck Festival of the Arts (Northport)
- The Delta Blues & Heritage Festival (Greensboro)
- The Swampers Music Festival (Muscle Shoals)
This is one state that we found hard to put together a list of music festivals. Alaska does have plenty of festivals throughout the year, but nothing compared to some of the other states. Here is the list of Festivals in Alaska to consider if you live there.
- Anchorage Folk Festival – Anchorage
- Winter Folk Fest – Fairbanks
- Alaska Folk Festival – Juneau
- International Folk Festival – Skagway
- Juneau Jazz & Classics – Juneau – Get all of the details about this great jazz event.
- Spenard Jazz Fest – Anchorage
- Trapper Creek Bluegrass Festival – Trapper Creek
- Sitka Summer Music Festival – Sitka
- Seldovia Summer Solstice Music Festival – Seldovia
- Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival – Fairbanks
The state of Arizona is quite large and has a population of over 7 million people. According to the USCB, the population continues to grow with fervor. This also means that more music festivals in Arizona will be popping up. We shall go over the top 10 Arizona music festivals.
- McDowell Mountain Music Festival – Phoenix
- Country Thunder Arizona – Florence – This festival usually occurs in April and has special guests such as Luke Bryan. You can see the full lineup.
- FORM Arcosanti – Mayer
- Innings Festival – Tempe – This is a monster festival occurring in Tempe with performers such as Green Day and Eddie Vedder.
- Lost Lake Festival – Phoenix
- Pot of Gold Music Festival – Chandler
- Summer Ends Music Festival – Tempe
- Viva PHX – Phoenix
- Wickenburg Bluegrass Festival – Wickenburg
- Yuma Jazz Festival – Yuma
You have some great options all year round in Arizona. It will be up to you when it comes to picking. There are definitely more events that occur across the state, but these are the ones that stood out.There were no events found for Innings Festival.
As we move on to our next state, Arkansas, you will see there are plenty of events that occur. We will take a look at the top 10 music festivals in Arkansas.
- King Biscuit Blues Festival – Helena, AR – This appears to be a pretty chill festival providing a good time for anyone that stops by. You can learn more about it on their main page.
- Arkansas Blues and Heritage Festival – Helena, AR
- Valley of the Vapors Independent Music Festival – Hot Springs, AR
- Bikes, Blues & BBQ – Fayetteville, AR
- Riverfest – Little Rock, AR
- Hillberry Music Festival – Eureka Springs, AR
- Music Fest El Dorado – El Dorado, AR
- Country Music Festival – Jonesboro, AR
- Arkansas Folk Festival – Mountain View, AR
There are all kinds of music festivals that occur in Arkansas each year. As of right now, there isn’t that one event that stands out.
When it comes to music festivals, California has surely taken the cake for many years. Maybe it’s the weather or the type of person that goes to these shows. California has the variety we all seek when trying to see live music. Listed below are the top 10 music festivals in California.
- Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival – Indio, CA – This is one event that paved the way for dozens of other festivals. Although it wasn’t the original by any stretch, it definitely kicked things up another level. We discuss Coachella in pretty great detail.
- Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival – San Francisco, CA
- Stagecoach Country Music Festival – Indio, CA – This is always a big event each year. Check out our review of the event.
- Hard Summer Music Festival – Los Angeles, CA
- Lightning in a Bottle – Bradley, CA – This event is shaping up to bring some great sounds all in one place.
- Goldenvoice-promoted FYF Fest – Los Angeles, CA
- BottleRock Festival – Napa, CA
- Treasure Island Music Festival – San Francisco, CA
- Santa Barbara Bowl Summer Music Festival – Santa Barbara, CA
- High Sierra Music Festival – Quincy, CA – Check out the nice little lineup in Quincy this year.
The state of Colorado is notorious for some great outdoor festivals. We’ll break down the top 10 music festivals in Colorado. We hope you can make it out to an event especially if it is within a short distance.
- Telluride Bluegrass Festival -Telluride – This will be another great year to check out the Telluride Bluegrass festival.
- Underground Music Showcase – Denver – This is a great time with all kinds of different music. This should be added to your schedule.
- Sonic Bloom – Rye – You can learn all about this wonderful summer event.
- Riot Fest Denver – Denver
- Snowmass Mammoth Fest – Snowmass Village
- High Sierra Music Festival – Buena Vista
- Folks Festival – Lyons
- Rocky Mountain Folks Festival – Lyons
- Keystone Bluegrass and Beer Festival – Keystone
- Vertex Festival – Buena Vista
The state of Connecticut isn’t known for a ton of big music festivals. They do have their fair share and that is what we are here to talk about. Not all of these are music based either. Here are the top 10 music festivals in Connecticut.
- Connecticut Folk Festival & Green Expo – New Haven
- New England Metal & Hardcore Festival – Worcester
- Gathering of the Vibes – Bridgeport
- Hartford Jazz Festival – Hartford
- New Haven Jazz Festival – New Haven
- Connecticut Wine Festival – Goshen
- Litchfield Jazz Festival – Goshen
- New Haven International Film Festival – New Haven
- Hartford International Film Festival – Hartford
- Stamford International Film Festival – Stamford
Although Delaware is one of the smallest states it does pack a punch with one of the biggest music festivals each year. It is hard to compete in this event. Here is the list of the top 10 music festivals in Delaware.
- Delaware Junction Country Music Festival – Harrington
- Ladybug Music Festival – Wilmington
- Dewey Beach Music Conference – Dewey Beach
- Big Barrel Country Music Festival – Dover
- Firefly Music Festival – Dover – Most likely the biggest event in Deleware. You can expect some big acts to take the stage for this one. Performers such as Halsey, Weezer, Zedd, Green Day, and Dua Lipa have hit the main stages. The list can go deeper with Billie Eilish, Machine Gun Kelly, and Blink-182.
- Delaware Junction – Harrington
- Delaware Bluegrass Festival – Wilmington
- Delaware Wine & Beer Festival – Wilmington
- Delaware Chocolate Festival – Wilmington
- Delaware Valley Bluegrass Festival – Woodstown
In the state of Florida, you can expect some big events. The Ultra Music Festival in Miami is one of the biggest in the country. You also have the EDC in Orlando that brings a large crowd. Here are the top 10 music festivals in Florida. Think of Florida as the Digitial or EDM capital.
- Ultra Music Festival – Miami – Past acts include Marshmellow, Tiesto, Deadmau5, and The Chainsmokers. Make sure to bring your earplugs for this one.
- SunFest – West Palm Beach
- Rolling Loud – Miami
- Okeechobee Music & Arts Festival – Okeechobee
- Suwannee Hulaween – Live Oak
- Miami Beach Pop Festival – Miami Beach
- Tortuga Music Festival – Fort Lauderdale
- EDC – Orlando
- Florida Music Festival – Orlando
- Florida International Air Show – Punta Gorda
You can expect some ongoing festivals throughout the state of Georgia. Although most of the large events occur around Atlanta, you should definitely consider some other cities as well. Check out the top 10 music festivals in Georgia.
- Music Midtown – Atlanta – This festival is one of the biggest in the state. Located in Piedmont park. Part performers such as My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, 2 Chainz, Jack White, and many others have shown up.
- Sweetwater 420 Festival in Atlanta – This is a monster event as well. It has had great acts such as Trey Anastasio, Gary Clark Jr., Oysterhead, The String Cheese Incident, and Lotus.
- Atlanta Jazz Festival – Atlanta
- One Music Fest – Atlanta
- Georgia Theatre Rooftop Concert Series – Athens
- Savannah Music Festival – Savannah
- Atlanta Funk Fest – Atlanta
- Atlanta International Night Market – Atlanta
- Georgia Mountain Fall Festival – Hiawassee
- Atlanta Dogwood Festival – Atlanta
One state you may not think would carry a lot of music festivals is Hawaii. Well, you are correct, however, there are events localized for the culture that gets really busy each year. Here are the top 10 music festivals in Hawaii.
- Maui Arts & Cultural Center – Kahului
- Merrie Monarch Festival – Hilo
- Hawaii International Jazz Festival – Honolulu
- Slack Key Festival – Kapaau
- Uke Fest Hawaii – Kaneohe
- Hawaii Theatre Center – Honolulu
- Waimea Ocean Film Festival – Waimea
- Hawaii Food & Wine Festival – Honolulu
- The Great Hawaiian Air Show – Honolulu
- Hawaii Opera Theatre – Honolulu
The state of Idaho knows how to party. With several music festivals each year, you’ll want to attend more than one. The lineups are always changing, especially at the Treefort Music Fest. Here are the top 10 music festivals in Idaho.
- Treefort Music Fest – Boise – Numerous acts are set to take the stage with Unknown Moral Orchestra, Leikel147, Godspeed, and Dinosaur Jr. leading the way.
- Sandpoint Summer Festival – Sandpoint – This is another big event occurring in the summer in Idaho. Look for acts such as REO Speedwagon to perform. The Revivalists and Pink Martini have played here before as well.
- Garden City Jazz Festival – Garden City
- The Festival at Sandpoint – Sandpoint
- McCall Winter Carnival – McCall
- Sun Valley Jazz Jamboree – Sun Valley
- Salmon River Festival – Riggins
- Weiser Fiddlers Festival – Weiser
- Idaho Shakespeare Festival – Boise
- Idaho Folk Festival – Boise
WED 03:30 am
WED 03:30 am
THU 03:30 am
FRI 03:30 am
SAT 03:30 am
SUN 03:30 am
With two of the biggest festivals each year, Illinois generates a lot of music for its fans. What used to be a traveling festival, Lollapalooza felt it was time to find a home. With so many festivals joining the circuit it only made sense. Chicago was the lucky winner. There are plenty of other shows to attend. Here are the top 10 music festivals in Illinois.
- Lollapalooza – Chicago – One of the most famous festivals to this day. 100’s of bands have performed at Lollapalooza. There are too many acts to mention to do it justice. You can read about it here.
- Pitchfork Music Festival – Chicago – This is another huge event that occurs in the Chicago area. Some pretty cool acts such as Phoebe Bridgers, Erykah Badu, Charli XCX, Tame Impala, and A Tribe Called Quest all came out at some point.
- Spring Awakening Music Festival – Chicago
- Riot Fest – Chicago
- Mamby on the Beach – Chicago
- North Coast Music Festival – Chicago
- Taste of Chicago – Chicago
- Illinois State Fair – Springfield
- Ravinia Festival – Highland Park
- Naperville Ribfest – Naperville
Known for the Indianapolis 500 and several sports teams like the Indiana Pacers and Indianapolis Colts, there are times throughout the year when a big event will occur. This biggest one is during the weekend of the Indianapolis 500. Listed below are the top 10 music festivals in Indiana.
- Indy 500 Snake Pit – Indianapolis – This is a good time each year when attending the Indianapolis 500. Some acts such as Kaskade, Skrillex, Deadmau5, Diplo, and Zedd have all taken a spin.
- Middle Waves Music Festival – Fort Wayne
- Bloomington Playwrights Project – Bloomington
- Wabash Valley Music Festival – Terre Haute
- Summer Music Fest – Valparaiso
- The Hoosier State Music Festival – Indianapolis
- The Indiana State Fair – Indianapolis
- The Lotus World Music and Arts Festival – Bloomington
- The Three Rivers Festival – Fort Wayne
- The Bluegrass in the Hills Festival – Morgantown
If you live in Iowa or are visiting at some point during the year, you have some options when it comes to the music scene. The 80/35 is obviously the biggest of the bunch, but check out all the different options below. Here are the top 10 music festivals in Iowa.
- 80/35 Music Festival – Des Moines – They know how to party in Iowa with the 80/35 Festival. Big names coming to town include The War on Drugs, Big Boi, Elle King, Yungblud, Portugal The Man, and plenty of others who stopped by.
- Hinterland Music Festival – St Charles
- Iowa State Fair – Des Moines
- The Strawberry Point Music Festival – Strawberry Point
- The Des Moines Arts Festival – Des Moines
- The Iowa Blues Challenge – Des Moines
- The Iowa City Jazz Festival – Iowa City
- The Iowa Folk Festival – Iowa City
- The Mississippi Valley Blues Festival – Davenport
- The Great Jones County Fair – Monticello
In the state of Kansas, you have all kinds of music fans. From country to EDM, you have the option to see a show around the state. Listed below are the top 10 music festivals in Kansas. Get out there and start enjoying the sounds the state offers you.
- The Wichita River Festival – Wichita – Probably the biggest musical event in the state, with performances from Willie Nelson, Gov’t Mule, Los Lobos, Sublime, Liz Phair, and many other great acts.
- The Lawrence Busker Festival – Lawrence
- The Kansas State Fair – Hutchinson
- The Kansas City Jazz and Heritage Festival – Kansas City
- The Emporia Granada Theatre Summer Concert Series – Emporia
- The Topeka Blues Festival – Topeka
- The Prairie Wind Music Festival – Lindsborg
- The Kansas City Symphony Showcase – Kansas City
- The Kansas City Ethnic Festival – Kansas City
- The Kansas State Fiddling and Picking Championships – Winfield
If you bring a mix of music and drinks together you will be all set for a great time. A lot of festivals in the Kentucky area tend to go along this path. In fact, listed below are the top 10 music festivals in Kentucky. There are probably at least five of them that will serve bourbon.
- Bourbon & Beyond Festival – Louisville – This is definitely the event of the year in Kentucky besides the Kentucky Derby. How about some really good music and bourbon to go along with that? Try to get tickets to see acts like Pearl Jam, Alanis Morissette, Jack White, Foo Fighters, Robert Plant, Zac Brown Band, and so many more.
- The Kentucky State Fair – Louisville
- The Lexington Bluegrass Music Festival – Lexington
- The Kentucky Music Weekend – Louisville
- The Kentucky Bluegrass Music Festival – Owensboro
- The Kentucky Bourbon Festival – Bardstown
- The Kentucky Mountain Laurel Festival – Pineville
- Forecastle Festival – Louisville
- The Kentucky Shakespeare Festival – Louisville
- The Kentucky Reggae Festival – Louisville
Two monster events occur each year in the state of Louisiana and they both provide a good time for everyone. Whether you are into Jazz or you’re into some rock, there is definitely something for you. Listed below are the top 10 music festivals in Louisiana. Try to get to Jazz Fest at least once in your life.
- Jazz Fest – New Orleans
- Voodoo Music + Arts Experience – New Orleans
- French Quarter Festival – New Orleans
- Essence Festival – New Orleans
- Bayou Country Superfest – Baton Rouge
- Lafayette Cajun-Zydeco Festival – Lafayette
- Baton Rouge Blues Festival – Baton Rouge
- New Orleans Wine and Food Experience – New Orleans
- NOLA Crawfish Festival – New Orleans
- Louisiana Peach Festival – Ruston
The state of Maine gets a fair share of touring events, but when it comes to music festivals it isn’t the wildest. You should definitely check out one or two of the Jazz Fests that stop through. Listed below are our top 10 music festivals in Maine. If you know of a good one please let us know.
- Portland Maine Blues Festival – Portland
- The Maine Lobster Festival – Rockland
- The Maine Celtic Celebration – Belfast
- The Maine Folk Festival – Lewiston
- The Maine Festival of American Music – Ogunquit
- The Maine Jazz Festival – Freeport
- The Maine Celtic Music Festival – Belfast
- The Maine Oktoberfest – Bangor
- The Maine Celtic Festival – Warren
- The Maine Celtic Celebration – Orono
When going to Maryland for a concert you usually head out to Merriweather Post Pavillion. This is an outdoor spot that brings in some major acts. As for music festivals, you are looking at a much smaller fanfare. That being said these are the top 10 music festivals in Maryland.
- Maryland Deathfest – Baltimore
- Artscape – Baltimore
- Sweetlife Festival – Columbia
- Moonrise Festival – Baltimore
- Maryland State Fair – Timonium
- Charm City Folk and Bluegrass Festival – Baltimore
- Maryland Irish Festival – Timonium
- Maryland Seafood Festival – Annapolis
- Maryland Renaissance Festival – Crownsville
- Maryland Bluegrass Festival – Frostburg
When you have cities like Boston you can expect some big music festivals to be in the mix. Throughout the year you will have options to take in some great music. Stay on top of the selections with this list of the best music festivals in Massachusetts.
- Boston Calling Music Festival – Boston – One of the biggest festivals on the east coast, has brought in tons of acts and continues to do so. Performers such as the Foo Fighters, Paramore, Queens of the Stone Age, and Maren Morris have or will play at this event. Ticket prices will vary based on what you want from the event.
- Newport Folk Festival – Newport
- Newport Jazz Festival – Newport
- Cape Cod Melody Tent – Hyannis
- The Lowell Folk Festival – Lowell
- The Boston Arts Festival – Boston
- The Boston Early Music Festival – Boston
- The Boston Harborfest – Boston
- The Boston International Festival of Arts – Boston
- The Boston Celtic Music Festival – Cambridge
There are some really cool events that come through Michigan each year. Some are worth mentioning more than once. Each year new acts are found while others come back for the crowd. These festivals get sold out quickly. Here is the list of the best music festivals in Michigan.
- Movement Electronic Music Festival – Detroit – When it comes to an EDM event the MEMF is one of the best in the country. Some big-name acts come for this three-day festival. You can see the likes of Caribou, Mark Farina, Carl Craig, and Charlotte De Witte.
- Electric Forest Festival – Rothbury
- Ann Arbor Folk Festival – Ann Arbor
- Michigan Irish Music Festival – Muskegon
- Blissfest Music Festival – Harbor Springs
- Arts, Beats & Eats – Royal Oak
- Common Ground Music Festival – Lansing
- Bell’s Beer Garden Music Festival – Kalamazoo
- Michigan Festival of Sacred Music – Kalamazoo
- Michigan Jazz Festival – West Bloomfield
Each year Minnesota packs a lot in during the summer. From the Twin Cities Summer Jam to the Minnesota State Fair. Each one provides all kinds of entertainment. We saw acts such as Blake Shelton, Kane Brown, Nelly, and many more join the fun. These are some of the best festivals in Minnesota.
- Minnesota State Fair – St. Paul
- Rock the Garden – Minneapolis
- 10,000 Lakes Festival – Detroit Lakes
- Basilica Block Party – Minneapolis
- Grand Old Day – St. Paul
- Soundset – Shakopee
- Twin Cities Summer Jam – Welch
- We Fest – Detroit Lakes
- Moondance Jam – Walker
- Twin Cities Jazz Festival – Saint Paul
Mississippi definitely has its fair share of music gatherings. From delta blues to the state fair, you can definitely have a good time in the state. You may have to travel, but in many cases, you’ll find a festival near you. Listed below are the top music festivals in Mississippi.
- Mississippi Delta Blues & Heritage Festival – Greenville
- The Mississippi State Fair – Jackson
- The Neshoba County Fair – Philadelphia
- The Juke Joint Festival – Clarksdale
- The Mississippi Gospel Music Festival – Jackson
- The Mississippi Valley Blues Festival – Greenville
- The Mississippi Gulf Coast Blues Festival – Gulfport
- The Mississippi Delta Tennessee Williams Festival – Greenville
- The Mississippi Delta Hot Tamale Festival – Greenville
- The Mississippi Delta Greek Festival – Greenville
In the state of Missouri, you can find several different kinds of events in some of the major cities like Kansas City and St. Louis. Here are some of the bigger festivals that have taken place in the state of Missouri.
- LouFest – St. Louis
- Kanrocksas Music Festival – Kansas City
- Pointfest – Maryland Heights
- Riverfront Times Music Showcase – St. Louis
- Boulevardia – Kansas City
- Midpoint Music Festival – Cincinnati
- Roots N Blues N BBQ Festival – Columbia
- The Big Muddy Blues Festival – St. Louis
- The Missouri State Fair – Sedalia
- The St. Louis Music Festival – St. Louis
Montana doesn’t carry the largest population in the country, but they still have some big cities willing to put on some music festivals. We’ve put our top list together of music festivals in Montana below.
- Red Ants Pants Music Festival – White Sulphur Springs
- Headwaters Country Jam – Three Forks
- Big Sky Music Festival – Big Sky
- Flathead Lake Bluegrass Festival – Polson
- Big Sky Big Grass – Big Sky
- The Montana Folk Festival – Butte
- The Montana State Fair – Great Falls
- The Missoula Folklore Society Festival – Missoula
- The Big Sky Celtic Festival – Big Sky
- The Montana Fiddle Fest – Helena
There is a wide array of music genres listened to in Nebraska. The best way to take in some of this music is by attending one of the many festivals that pass through each year. Here are our top picks for music festivals in Nebraska.
- Maha Music Festival – Omaha
- Lincoln Calling – Lincoln
- Good Living Tour – Various cities
- The Great Nebraska Beer Fest – La Vista
- Prairie Band Casino & Resort Powwow – Mayetta
- The Lincoln Children’s Zoo Music Festival – Lincoln
- The Nebraska State Fair – Grand Island
- The Lincoln Arts Festival – Lincoln
- The Lincoln Wine Festival – Lincoln
- The Lincoln Jazz Festival – Lincoln
Well, when it comes to Nevada, you most likely think of Las Vegas. Although there are other events around the state, two of the biggest festivals occur in sin city. We show some of the bigger music festivals in Nevada below.
- Electric Daisy Carnival – Las Vegas – This is one of the biggest EDM festivals each year. It usually takes place in May before the desert heat really takes over. Dozens of performers take their skills to the main stage and try to gain your attention.
- Life is Beautiful – Las Vegas – On the other side later in the year you can attend the Life is Beautiful Festival. You’ll see act like Migos, Cage the Elephant, Gorillaz, Calvin Harris, and Billie Eilish.
- Route 91 Harvest – Las Vegas
- Psycho Las Vegas – Las Vegas
- Lake Tahoe Reggae Festival – South Lake Tahoe
- Reno Jazz Festival – Reno
- Las Vegas Latin Music Festival – Las Vegas
- Burning Man – Black Rock Desert
- The Big Reno Show – Reno
- Lovers & Friends Festival – Las Vegas
FRI 03:30 am
FRI 01:00 pm
SAT 01:00 pm
SUN 01:00 pm
FRI 03:30 am
FRI 03:30 am
FRI 05:00 pm
SAT 05:00 pm
Although one of the smallest states of the 50, New Hampshire provides its residents with several events each year. You won’t see anything huge, but there are options for individuals and families. We listed some of the music festivals in New Hampshire below.
- Portsmouth Folk and Blues Festival – Portsmouth
- Meadowbrook Musical Arts Center – Gilford
- Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion – Gilford
- New Hampshire Highland Games and Festival – Lincoln
- New Hampshire Wine and Jazz Festival – Portsmouth
- New Hampshire Music Festival – Plymouth
- New Hampshire Fisher Cats Baseball Club – Manchester
- New Hampshire Film Festival – Portsmouth
- New Hampshire Boat Museum – Wolfeboro
- New Hampshire Pumpkin Festival – Laconia
New Jersey can carry itself with their event options. You will find some decent size festivals all around the state with the shore leading the way. We’ve listed some of the bigger music festivals in New Jersey below.
- The Bamboozle Festival – Asbury Park – This is one of the bigger festivals down by the Jersey Shore. Some acts such as Bad Omens, Motionless in White, Limp Bizkit, and Steve Aoki are some of the bigger names to pass through.
- The Sea.Hear.Now Festival – Asbury Park
- The Atlantic City Beachfest – Atlantic City – August kicks in hard each year with the Beachfest. Big-name acts get in the game to provide some excellent entertainment. Jason Aldean, Brooks & Dunn, Thomas Rhett, and many others show up for this three-day festival.
- The Wildwood Beach Jam – Wildwood
- The QuickChek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning – Readington
- The Exit 0 International Jazz Festival – Cape May
- The Garden State Film Festival – Asbury Park
- The LBIFLI International Kite Festival – Long Beach Island
- The Susquehanna Bank Center – Camden
- The Newark Black Film Festival – Newark
We are not visiting the set of Breaking Bad when in New Mexico. We are looking for some great live entertainment throughout the state. With big cities such as Albuquerque and Sant Fe, there are definitely some great music festivals in New Mexico. We listed some of the ones you may want to check out.
- Santa Fe Bandstand – Santa Fe
- The Taos Vortex – Taos
- The Albuquerque Folk Festival – Albuquerque
- The Santa Fe Wine Festival – Santa Fe
- The Santa Fe Bluegrass and Old-Time Music Festival – Santa Fe
- The Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival – Albuquerque
- The Taos Fall Arts Festival – Taos
- The New Mexico Jazz Festival – Albuquerque
- The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta – Albuquerque
- The Santa Fe Wine Festival – Santa Fe
New York is heavily populated with music fans, hence why there are plenty of great music festivals occurring each year. So many amazing acts come through each year and the fans of the state totally appreciate it. Here are some of the many music festivals in New York.
- Governors Ball Music Festival – New York City – This festival is in our top 15 Music festivals in the country. This is one that brings in many guests. Some of these performers have played it on multiple occasions. Some acts you will see include Kendrick Lamar, Lil Nas X, Odesza, Lil Baby, Diplo, Lizzo, and Omar Apollo.
- The Electric Zoo Festival – New York City – This is another massive event happening in the city. Take in some EDM for the weekend.
- The New York State Fair – Syracuse
- The Rochester International Jazz Festival – Rochester
- The Finger Lakes GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance – Trumansburg
- The New York City Wine and Food Festival – New York City
- The Hudson Valley Jazz Festival – Peekskill
- The Great New York State Fair – Syracuse
- The Buffalo Niagara International Film Festival – Buffalo
- The New York State Blues Festival – Syracuse
The great state of North Carolina carries its fair share of music festivals each year. Below you will find some of the best music festivals in North Carolina.
- Moogfest – Durham
- Hopscotch Music Festival – Raleigh
- Wide Open Bluegrass – Raleigh
- Merlefest – Wilkesboro
- The North Carolina Folk Festival – Greensboro
- The Charlotte Folk Society Festival – Charlotte
- The Charlotte Jazz Festival – Charlotte
- The North Carolina Wine Festival – Raleigh
- The North Carolina Brewer’s and Music Festival – Huntersville
- The Wilmington Riverfront Blues Festival – Wilmington
Some good music and good times pass through North Dakota each year. You will find all kinds of events from Jazz to State Fairs. Here is a short list of music festivals in North Dakota.
- Fargo Jazz Fest – Fargo
- Bismarck Civic Center – Bismarck
- Minot Summer Festival – Minot
- Red River Valley Fair – West Fargo
- Dakota Jazz Workshop – Fargo
- North Dakota State Fair – Minot
- North Dakota Winter Show – Valley City
- Dickinson Music Festival – Dickinson
- North Dakota Folk Festival – Fargo
- Turtle Mountain Music Festival – Rolla
There are plenty of big cities in the state of Ohio. It’s finding that one weekend when you can really enjoy the sounds of music. Listed below are some of the top music festivals in Ohio.
- Rock on the Range – Columbus
- The Bunbury Music Festival – Cincinnati – This was one of the biggest festivals in the state. Recent acts like the Twenty One Pilots, Marshmello, The Avett Brothers, and Kane Brown all performed at this event.
- The Nelsonville Music Festival – Nelsonville
- The Ohio State Fair – Columbus
- The Cincinnati Music Festival – Cincinnati
- The Cleveland Folk Festival – Cleveland
- The Ohio Valley Jazz Festival – Steubenville
- The Dayton Celtic Festival – Dayton
- The Ohio Music Education Association Professional Development Conference – Cincinnati
- The Columbus Arts Festival – Columbus
We have some real country rock going on in the state of Oklahoma. Our goal is to help you find that festival that will take care of that itch. There are several different music festivals in Oklahoma worth mentioning. You should try to make it to one of them.
- Rocklahoma – Pryor – This is a monster festival that comes through each year. With plenty of stages, you will have plenty of acts to go along with it. We’ve seen the likes of The Offspring, The Cult, Def Leppard, Three Days Grace, Five Finger Death Punch, Staind, and Kid Rock. This is a big event worth getting tickets for.
- The Woody Guthrie Folk Festival – Okemah
- The Norman Music Festival – Norman
- The Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame Festival – Tulsa
- The Oklahoma International Bluegrass Festival – Guthrie
- The Oklahoma City Festival of the Arts – Oklahoma City
- The Muskogee Azalea Festival – Muskogee
- The Oklahoma City Arts Festival – Oklahoma City
- The Norman Medieval Fair – Norman
- The Oklahoma City Greek Festival – Oklahoma City
It might be in the northwestern part of the country, but in cities like Portland and Eugene, you can expect some pretty cool events to pass through. You will find some of the best music festivals in Oregon below.
- MusicfestNW – Portland – This is a great place to catch some amazing acts. You can see the likes of Iggy Pop, Beck, Nas, Spoon, Lizzo, and many more. A great time to get to a festival is in August.
- The Oregon Bach Festival – Eugene
- The Oregon Country Fair – Veneta
- The Oregon Festival of American Music – Eugene
- The Oregon Brewers Festival – Portland
- The Oregon Jamboree – Sweet Home
- The Oregon Wine Experience – Astoria
- The Portland Jazz Festival – Portland
- The Portland Folk Festival – Portland
- The Oregon Shakespeare Festival Green Show – Ashland
It seems like every major city in the state offers some kind of music festival. It’s always been The Reading Festival that takes the cake when it comes to size. Listed below are some of the music festivals in Pennsylvania.
- Musikfest – Bethlehem
- The Philadelphia Folk Festival – Schwenksville
- The Reading Festival – Reading – Each year it seems like a big act brings their A-Game to The Reading Festival. We have the likes of Sam Fender, The Killers, Billie Eilish, and others. We expect great things in the years to come.
- The Pittsburgh Folk Festival – Pittsburgh
- The Keystone Jazz Festival – Scranton
- The Lancaster Roots and Blues Festival – Lancaster
- Made in America Festival – Philadelphia
- The Harrisburg Jazz and Multi-Cultural Festival – Harrisburg
- The Pennsylvania Blues Festival – Scranton
- The Allentown Jazz Festival – Allentown
One of the biggest events in the state is the Newport Folk Festival. This is a big revenue generator during the height of tourist season. Here are some of the top music festivals in Rhode Island.
- Newport Folk Festival – Newport
- The Providence Folk Festival – Providence
- The Newport Jazz Festival – Newport
- The Roger Williams Park International Music Festival – Providence
- The Rhode Island International Film Festival – Providence
- The Rhode Island Latin American Festival – Providence
- The Rhode Island Blues Festival – Newport
- The Portsmouth Seafood Festival – Portsmouth
- The Rhode Island International Horror Film Festival – Providence
- The Block Island Music Festival – Block Island
South Carolina is known for their long music festivals. Some can go on for weeks providing you with different styles of music to listen to. Make sure you do your research on all of the music festivals in South Carolina that we have listed below.
- Spoleto Festival USA – Charleston
- The Beaufort Water Festival – Beaufort
- The Lowcountry Blues Bash – Charleston
- The Charleston Wine + Food Festival – Charleston
- The Carolina Downhome Blues Festival – Camden
- The Myrtle Beach International Jazz Festival – Myrtle Beach
- The SEWE Festival – Charleston
- The Piccolo Spoleto Festival – Charleston
- The Aiken Bluegrass Festival – Aiken
- The Orangeburg Festival of Roses – Orangeburg
The great state of South Dakota is ready to help you with your entertainment needs. There is a mix of rock, jazz, and all kinds of other events that occur each year. Check out some of the music festivals in South Dakota.
- The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally – Sturgis
- The South Dakota State Fair – Huron
- The Buffalo Stampede Music Festival – Rapid City
- The Black Hills Bluegrass Festival – Custer
- The Pahin Ki Wanji Pow Wow – Rapid City
- The Black Hills Jazz Festival – Rapid City
- The South Dakota Jazz Festival – Sioux Falls
- The South Dakota Rock Fest – Sturgis
- The South Dakota Symphony Orchestra Summer Music Festival – Rapid City
- The South Dakota Music Festival – Rapid City
This is one of the strongest states when it comes to music festivals. We’ll discuss Bonnaroo below, but when you have the CMA Music Festival as well, you are just asking for visitors. This is one festival country music lovers need to check out. Listed below are some of the top music festivals in Tennessee.
- Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival – Manchester – This is one event that knows how to kick off summer. It is listed as one of our Top 15 music festivals in the country and for good reason. You will see all kinds of genres of music. Performers such as Kendrick Lamar, Portugal. The Man, Zeds Dead, My Morning Jacket, Kirn, PIxies, and the Foo Fighters will play the main stages.
- CMA Music Festival – Nashville
- Beale Street Music Festival – Memphis
- Rhythm and Blooms Music Festival – Knoxville
- The Pilgrimage Music and Cultural Festival – Franklin
- The Nashville Film Festival – Nashville
- The Piedmont Natural Gas Block Party at the Bijou – Knoxville
- The Riverbend Festival – Chattanooga
- The Big Ears Festival – Knoxville
- The Americana Music Festival & Conference – Nashville
It seems like Austin gets all of the love each year. Although there are events in Houston, we are surprised Dallas or San Antonio doesn’t bring in an event. We have listed some of the bigger music festivals in Dallas for you to check out.
- South by Southwest (SXSW) – Austin – This is a massive event that occurs in March each year. It’s a mix of Music and film. Big acts will show up each year and play for the artsy crowd.
- Austin City Limits Music Festival – Austin – This festival is more of your typical music festival. It makes our top 15 in the United States as well. Performers such as Pink, SZA, Death Cab for Cutie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Zach Bryan have made their presence known.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo – Houston
- Free Press Summer Festival – Houston
- Fun Fun Fun Fest – Austin
- The Texas Book Festival – Austin
- Old Settler’s Music Festival – Driftwood
- Art Outside – Rockdale
- 35 Denton – Denton
- Texas Renaissance Festival – Todd Mission
FRI 03:30 am
FRI 03:30 am
SAT 03:30 am
SUN 03:30 am
FRI 03:30 am
FRI 03:30 am
SAT 03:30 am
SUN 03:30 am
There is one major festival that Utah is known for and that is the Sundance Film Festival. Although this isn’t a full-on music festival there are places to catch live music near you. Check out the list of music festivals in Utah below. You will be surprised by the offerings.
- Sundance Film Festival – Park City
- The Twilight Concert Series – Salt Lake City
- The Red Butte Garden Outdoor Concert Series – Salt Lake City
- The Moab Music Festival – Moab
- The Park City Jazz Festival – Park City
- The O.P Rockwell Music Festival – Park City
- The Deer Valley Music Festival – Park City
- The Utah Arts Festival – Salt Lake City
- The Utah Symphony’s Deer Valley Music Festival – Park City
- The Salt Lake City Jazz Festival – Salt Lake City
One of the smallest states brings you some fun in many different ways. Big music festivals aren’t Vermont’s thing, but they do have some other options in terms of the beer fest, comedy fests, and wine fests. Either way, you will find some music festivals in Vermont below.
- Grand Point North Festival – Burlington
- Discover Jazz Festival – Burlington
- Vermont Comedy Divas – Burlington
- Vermont International Film Festival – Burlington
- Vermont Wine Festival – Burlington
- Vermont Brewers Festival – Burlington
- Vermont Studio Center Jazz Party – Johnson
- Vermont Symphony Orchestra Summer Festival – various locations
- Vermont Mozart Festival – various locations
- Vermont Restaurant Week – various locations
With a dense population and plenty of venues in the state, Virginia carries one of the biggest festivals of the year. There are also plenty of other events all around. Listed below are the music festivals in Virginia.
- Floydfest – Floyd – One of the bigger events in VA each year, Floydfest brings in tons of people from all over the place. Right in the heat of the summer, you can gain access to some of the best music. Performers such as The Black Crowes, Sheryl Crow, Goose, Elle King, My Morning Jacket, and Leftover Salmon have played or are set to play in the future.
- Lockn’ Festival – Arrington
- Dominion Riverrock – Richmond
- Virginia Beach Funk Fest – Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beer Festival – Hampton
- Richmond Folk Festival – Richmond
- Virginia Arts Festival – various locations
- The Festy Experience – Nelson County
- Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival – Miami
- Red Wing Roots Music Festival – Mount Solon
If you live in Washington or plan to visit, a festival is a way to go. This could be a great way to experience the local culture and take in some amazing acts. Listed below are some of the top music festivals in Washington.
- Bumbershoot – Seattle
- Sasquatch! Music Festival – George
- Capitol Hill Block Party – Seattle – One of the bigger events in the city offering you some fun in the summer.Previous performers such as Odesza, Chvrches, A$AP Rocky, The Flaming Lips, Vampire Weekend, The Lumieers, and many more.
- The Timber! Outdoor Music Festival – Carnation
- Folklife Festival – Seattle
- Watershed Festival – George
- Doe Bay Fest – Orcas Island
- Leavenworth Oktoberfest – Leavenworth
- The Bite of Seattle – Seattle
- Paradise Music Festival – Darrington
One of the smaller states in terms of the population still offers its residents and visitors plenty of festivals. There are more things to do than meets the eye. Listed below are some of the best music festivals in West Virginia.
- All Good Music Festival – Thornville
- Mountain Music Festival – Fayetteville – This is a pretty powerful festival that occurs in late spring just in time for everything to be beautiful.
- Vandalia Gathering in Charleston
- West Virginia Wine and Jazz Festival – Charles Town
- West Virginia Italian Heritage Festival – Clarksburg
- West Virginia Black Heritage Festival – Institute
- West Virginia Strawberry Festival – Buckhannon
- West Virginia Folk Festival – Glenville
- West Virginia Mountaineer Festival – Morgantown
- West Virginia State Fair – Lewisburg
They like to party in Wisconsin. When they aren’t watching the Green Bay Packers they are heading out to a festival. Summerfest is pretty big in terms of events. We discuss it and show you some of the top music festivals in Wisconsin.
- Summerfest – Milwaukee – A multi-weekend event that brings in tons of acts both small and large. You’ll see performers such as Zac Brown Band, James Taylor, Odesza, Eric Church, Imagine Dragons, and the Dave Matthews Band.
- Country Thunder – Twin Lakes
- Eaux Claires – Eau Claire
- Rock Fest – Cadott
- Breakaway Music Festival – Milwaukee
- Country USA – Oshkosh
- Northern Invasion – Somerset
- Lifest – Oshkosh
- Electric Forest – Rothbury
- Country Jam USA – Eau Claire
In terms of big music festivals Wyoming isn’t necessarily the hot spot. We put together a list of the top 10 festivals in Wyoming for you to look at. We are not aware of any big headliner-style festivals currently happening in the state.
- Cheyenne Frontier Days – Cheyenne
- Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival – Jackson Hole
- Wyoming Indian Powwow – Riverton
- Grand Teton Music Festival – Jackson Hole
- Wyoming State Fair – Douglas
- Wyoming Eclipse Festival – Casper
- Lander Brewfest – Lander
- Old Faithful Winter Festival – Yellowstone National Park
- Big Horn Mountain Festival – Buffalo
- Teton County Fair – Jackson Hole
Top 15 Music Festivals in the United States
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but based on size, length, cost, revenue, and history, these are the music festivals that made our top 15.
This will sum up our look at all of the different Music Festivals in the United States. You can now see why this directory is important. There are so many different events to go to. You have to find the best tickets possible and know when to buy them. We go over all of this information on this website. If you have any questions about music festivals near you, we will do our best to help you out.