X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Stone
    • Jul 2024

Best Time to Buy NFL Tickets - Need Ideas For This Year

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on the best time to buy NFL tickets. I have a family of five, and while we love catching live games, we can't commit to season tickets. We would like to get above-average seats, but we also don't want to overpay. I know that is really hard to do.

I’ve been trying to figure out the best strategy. Is it better to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale, or is it smarter to wait until closer to the game day? I've heard mixed things about last-minute deals but also about the risk of prices going up.

For those of you with experience, when have you found the best deals? Any tips on specific times during the week or particular websites that offer better prices? Also, does the timing of the season matter? For instance, are early season games generally cheaper than mid-season or end-of-season games?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul
  • Blaze
    • Apr 2024

Hey Paul. You are asking a question many people have asked for years. I believe the best time to buy NFL tickets comes down to getting lucky. With 5 tickets needed you will require a couple of things to align. An odd ticket number could cause less availability in that above average type of seat. You are better off looking really early and see what is available.

What team are you looking to see? I mean a game in Jacksonville may be an easier ticket situation than a game in Green Bay. I would also suggest a budget to start with. If you can come up with a number and then work with that, you'll be better off. Although you want you team to be winning on the season, this will almost guarantee a price increase with the demand increasing. If you can let me know some of these answers I can take a quick look for you.

Blaze

Comment

• Rich
      Administrator
      • Apr 2022

If you need someone with good inside information Paul, Blaze is your guy. He helped me create our page on timing your NFL ticket purchases. He's been around the ticket game a long time and continues to be a great asset.

I suggest you find some exacts when it comes to things like budget and the time of year you want to go a game. There are plenty of things you can do, but you can always expect to pay too much these days. I look forward to hearing what you have to say. Hopefully, we can make this a case for those with good timing experience.
      Get to Your Event Tonight! Check out our latest picks for Top Sites.

Comment

• Paul Stone
        • Jul 2024

Thanks for the great response. I know I'm up against a very expensive ticket. I'm willing to sacrifice some extra money to get better seats that the nose bleeds. I didn't even consider the 5 person ticket issue. That does make sense. I see a lot of tickets where the person selling has 1-6 or other weird numbers so I don't think that is going to be huge issue.

We are Indianapolis Colts fans and want to see either the Buffalo Bills on November 10 or the Detroit Lions game on November 24th.The good news is, we don't have to worry about the weather. Currently SeatGeek is showing the Lions game to be more expensive. We can get better seats for a better price if we decide on the Bills. However, my son, likes the Lions as his NFC team which he would love to see.

This will take the effort of many to make this a great day of football. I guess if we can figure the best time to buy we can at least accept our ticket cost fate and not worry about it.

I look forward to hearing from you. The great things is, we do have plenty of time.

Paul

PS - Budget is probably around $300 a ticket, but if something stands out I can go higher.

Comment

• crispybacon
          • Jul 2024

I've been a season ticket holder of the Dallas Cowboys for over 20 years. It has definitely made the ticket process a lot easier as long as I stayed on top of the schedule. I usually put most of the big games I don't plan to attend on the ticket exchange way before the season starts. This gives me the potential to make the most out of the tickets before the Cowboys do what they do. Sure, there are times when a Cowboys/Eagles game would pay a lot more if I wait, but I don't feel like I need to be greedy. I would say the supply is much greater early on. After week one it can go either way. Is it really worth waiting? Not sure.

Comment

• Oceanwaves
            • Jul 2024

Thanks for sharing this information. It's really helpful.

Comment

• Blaze
              • Apr 2024

Alright. Let's take a closer look. One thing is for sure is that weather at a Colts home game is usually the same for every game, so you aren't going to get any special discounts there.

There are way more listings on StubHub than SeatGeek, so you'll want to start with StubHub.

For the Bills game. You can get a $300 ticket in the lower sections. Pay more for that lower level section. The sideline seats are probably going to push you out of your budget. I see 5 tickets being your biggest issue right now. You need to think about seating 2 and 3. This could make a huge difference.

As for the Lions game. You have a team that isn't too far which will bring in a lot of fans from out of town. You can definitely find tickets for under $200 and even $150 in the upper level. To get into the lower level and most likely behind the end zone, you can find seats for under $300.

You can wait for the season to start based on the amount of tickets available. However, the ticket price game will commence. Be sure to read https://ticketsto.org/right-time-to-buy-nfl-tickets/ as it will help with some of the other questions.

Always remember that you could wait until the week of the game to see if there is a deal. This can backfire in a big way and with 5 tickets needed you could be shutout or pay way too much.

Good Luck.

Comment

• Rich
                Administrator
                • Apr 2022

Thanks for the update, Blaze. Keep up the good work.
                Get to Your Event Tonight! Check out our latest picks for Top Sites.

Comment

• sirmixitup
                  • Jul 2024

Thanks everyone. I guess you can apply similar ideas to all kinds of events. I try to time ticket buying all of the time. I've been on the winning side a lot. Thank god.

Comment

• Paul Stone
                    • Jul 2024

Nice one. I really appreciate the words of advice when it comes to buy NFL tickets at the right time. I know I'm going to pay a lot of money for these tickets it's more about seeing what I can do to save some money if possible. I will let every one how it plays out and whether I get them before the season or wait awhile to see if there is a price drop. Thanks again.

Comment

• Dane White
                      • Jul 2024

Great Insight.

Comment

• Victor Dooit
                        • Apr 2024

It's a battle out there when it comes to the best seats for less. I've seen big swings in ticket prices after the first week or two. Try to be patient if you can. That's my experience.

Comment

• Eric Storm
                          • Jul 2024

Sometimes you just have not worry about it so much and enjoy the game no matter what you pay. Be comfortable with the purchase you made no matter what.

Comment

• Gargantula
                            • Jul 2024

This was very helpful. Thanks.

Comment

• Grab the Seat
                              • Mar 2024

I'm heading out to Las Vegas when the Raiders are playing Jacksonville. I would love to get tickets for this game.

Comment

Working...